Are you looking to make an impact? Are you someone that loves technology and innovation?
Would you like to be a part of a progressive and people-centric company culture that is just as creative as the solutions it provides its clients?
If you are a strong contributor, inspired to continually grow and develop, self-aware, and love to contribute with passion and humility, this is a great opportunity for you.
Our open position will allow you to advance your career and be a part of something unique and fulfilling in the fast-growing, technology world.
Each of our team members embody these traits and together we make decisions that positively impact the world. We strive to positively impact our employees, clients, and the broader global community.
If you want to join a remarkable team and a visionary company, then we are the company for you.
Senior Database Administrator
Database administrators (DBAs) are employees who work with technology, using specialized types of software to store and organize a company's data. This could include a variety of information, from confidential financial numbers, to payroll data, to customer shipping records. A DBA makes sure that data is available to users, and that it's kept secure from unauthorized access or accidental loss or corruption.
Often working behind the scenes, they play a key role in our data-protection certified and recognized organization.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Automate Tasks
- Work with application development staff to improve database performance.
- Enforce and maintain redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Create reusable and maintainable process guides.
- Become Subject Matter Expert in knowledge of the database infrastructure.
- Collaborate with IT automation activities.
- Maintenance monitoring database systems updated as well as tracking systems.
Attributes and Competencies:
- Experience resolving database related issues (performance, blocking sessions, deadlocking, replication, long running queries, connectivity, security, dtsx, etc)
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot database related memory, I/O, CPU, disk space and other resource contention issues
- Experience in the managing of common administration tasks as backup/restore, recovery models, maintenance tasks, DBCC commands
- Knowledge in the manage of High Availability solutions as AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering, Database Mirroring, Database Replication
- Experience with SQL Server and Windows tools (SQL Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, Trace Flags, System Procedures)
- Knowledge of index management, statistics, integrity checks, server configuration, patching, very large databases
- Desirable (not-restricted) to have skills to write and solve SQL code issues (stored processes, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, restrictions)
- Desirable knowledge in SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Knowledge about windows technologies, security delegation, SPNs, storage systems
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (internal KBs, runbooks, topology, database diagrams, etc)
- SQL Database operational and/or technical support to users